THE GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Letter of Intent (LOI)
The Imlay Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant applications. ALL organizations wishing to apply for a grant must first submit a LOI to the Foundation. The LOI is required even if your organization has received funding from us in the past. We do not accept LOIs by email.
Your LOI must include the following information:
- State the mission of your organization.
- State the U.S. dollar amount and purpose of the request in the first paragraph.
- Past recipients should include an update on how the latest funding was used.
- If funding is for a project or capital campaign, include total cost of the project/campaign.
- If funding is for general operations or capital, include total organizational budget.
- First-time grant requests are typically in the $10,000-$15,000 range.
- Your email address and phone number.
- A copy of your organization’s 501(c)(3) certification letter from the IRS indicating your classification within the meaning of Section 509(a).
- LOIs should not exceed two pages.
2. From LOI to Grant Application
After reviewing your LOI, we will either forward a link to the application form OR notify you that we are denying your request. If LOI or grant application is received after the respective deadline date, you must reapply for a future grant cycle.
3. Grant Application
Once the Foundation has invited you to apply, applicants should use the form which we forward to you via email link to insure you are completing the most current form. We do not accept applications by email. Please include two copies of the following items with the completed grant application:
- A copy of your most recently completed fiscal year audited financial statement if budget is $250,000+ or a CPA review letter if your budget is under $250,000. If neither is available, please contact Angela Hunter at The Imlay Foundation (email@example.com or 404-239-1777).
- A list of your Board of Directors.
- Annual reports are welcomed but are not required.
- If not already submitted with your LOI, please include a copy of the total organizational budget for the current fiscal year.
4. Grant Decision Process
After receipt of your application, if we determine a site visit is required, a Foundation representative will contact you to schedule a visit. Within one week after the Foundation’s Board meetings, letters are sent to all organizations notifying them of the Board’s decision.